About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Lord, Grant That I May Love You." Sunday, March 18. 2012.

"Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will."
- St. Alphonsus Liguori

One of my favorite prayers.
My heart quickens its pace when I read this prayer.
Such a beautiful plea.
Such a raw plea.
Such a bold plea.
A plea that requires full confidence and unwavering trust.

Let me love You, Lord,
for this is my only hope, my only desire, and my only wish.
After I have learned to love You,
Do with me as You will; whatever You wish, whatever You desire.
Wherever You want me to go, send me.
Whoever You want me to be, form me into that person.
Whatever You want to me to take away from my life or add to my life, let it be done.

What profound trust.
I wish I could trust like that.
I hope that I can get to a point in my life where I will be fully satisfied with loving the Lord
and needing or wanting nothing else.
And not only that but completely letting go of my own life and letting Him do what He desires.

Lord, grant me the privilege to get to this humble place,
Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will.

No comments:

Post a Comment