About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Going for the Goal. Thursday, August 7. 2014.

I like ice cream.
When I get ice cream,
I’m satisfied.
When someone else gets ice cream and I don’t,
I might be a bit jealous,
but I still want ice cream.
I don’t shy away from that desire because someone else obtained it first.

I also really want to go to Heaven,
far more than I like ice cream.

I know well that this place is not my home.
I know that there is something better.
I know that we were made for more.

One of the members of the young adult group at my church passed away recently.
Suddenly and unexpectedly.

Part of me is so sad to not be able to see him.
Part of me is so excited for him that, God-willing, he’s in Heaven.
But part of me begins to shy away and fear the concept of death.

If Heaven is the ultimate goal,
we should never shy away from it.

If we were created to ultimately end up in Heaven,
why would we fear getting there?

Most of the things we want in life,
we want no matter who gets it before us.

Most of us want Heaven,
but once we see the way people get there,
we look the other direction.

We shouldn’t seek out death
but we should always be open to Eternal Life.

As we continue to pray for those who have gone before us,
let us also pray for the grace for ourselves to desire Heaven
and be at peace with the Lord’s timing.

“I hope you stare just long enough to see
The heart that's beating here inside of me
Beyond all the things you may think you know
I'm just a kid trying to make it home, that's it
No more, no less
Lord, I want to go home
Nothing more, nothing less”

No More No Less
Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment