About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mark 6:4-6. Wednesday, February 4. 2015.

“So He was not able to perform any mighty deed there, apart from curing a few sick people by laying His hands on them. He was amazed at their lack of faith.”
Mark 6:5-6

In the chapter prior, Jesus had just healed the woman with the hemorrhage
and brought Jairus’ daughter back to life.

Both of these miracles occurred as a result of faith.

Jesus said to the woman with the hemorrhage,
“Your faith as saved you. Go in peace and be cured of your affliction.”

Jesus said to Jairus’ weeping family,
“Do not be afraid, just have faith.”
Following these instructions,
the little girl, presumed dead, arose.

After these two miracles,
Jesus went to His native land.
All knew who He was.
But they were offended by Jesus
because Jesus was teaching in the synagogue on the Sabbath.  

Instead of Jesus going back to His homeland and being welcomed,
He was rejected.

Some were so eager to see Jesus,
talk to Him,
touch His clothes.
But not those in His homeland.
They quickly rejected Him.

“Jesus said to them, ‘A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and among his own kin and in his own house’.”
Mark 6:4

Due to His homeland’s rejection and lack of faith,
Jesus was not able to perform any mighty deed there.

My heart aches for the people of Nazareth
and in the same breath,
my heart is convicted.

How often does Jesus seek to enter my heart
and I reject Him?

How often does He desire for me to just have faith
and I choose doubt instead?

In the previous town,
Jesus brought a little girl back to life and healed a woman of her hemorrhage.
Nazareth decided to be “offended” by Jesus’ actions
and as a result,
did not get to experience the miracles that the town before them experienced.

What I am missing out on when I lack faith?

I don’t want to be like the Nazarenes.
I want to be like Jairus.

I don’t want Jesus to be astounded at my lack of faith.
I pray that Jesus might be astounded at my abundance of faith!

It is not easy to have faith.
In fact, it is a challenge.
A daily choice.

I pray that we are blessed with faith like Jairus’.

I pray that we have faith enough to be blessed by miracles.


Let’s astound Jesus with our faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment