About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Compelled by the Spirit. Wednesday, June 4. 2014.

But now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem. What will happen to me there I do not know, except that in one city after another the Holy Spirit has been warning me that imprisonment and hardships await me.  Yet I consider life of no importance to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to bear witness to the Gospel of God’s grace.
Acts 20:22-24

This is part the first reading from Tuesday.
It really stood out to me.

I love that where Paul is compelled,
is where he goes.
He does not go where he wants.
He does not disobey.
He does not take the easy route.
But rather,
he goes where the Spirit leads him.

So often I don’t know the route I am supposed to take.
I don’t think it is lack of the Spirit prompting.
I think it is my lack of listening.
My lack of prayer.
My lack of being open to the Spirit compelling me.

Paul goes where he is compelled
despite the warnings from the Spirit.
The Spirit warns him of imprisonment and hardships.
He is warned,
yet he goes.

If I feel an ounce of discomfort,
I immediately flee the other direction.
If I am warned of discomforts?
I won’t even begin.

Yet,
Paul does.
Full force.

Why does Paul go full force into this ministry,
knowing of all the hardships?

Because what is his life worth if he doesn’t
complete the mission set before him by God?

What are our lives worth
but for completion of Christ’s mission set before us?


1 comment:

  1. Funny...not funny "Ha ha"...but my initial thought when I began reading was, "So, when I'm compelled to go to Yogurtland I should go." Right?
    Then as I got into the nitty-gritty of the context the conviction set in. Be obedient... no matter what. Some tell me they can't "hear" Him speak or "feel" Him compelling them towards this or that...we need to be prayed up and spend time with Him n order to hear and be compelled...then act without hesitation and continue until it is finished.

    God reward you for sharing!

    Mrs.O.

    ReplyDelete