About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

LENT 2011

Ah, Lent. It's THAT time of the year. The season of Lent is always and interesting part of the year. I know for me, I half dread it and half look forward to it.  It is such an outstanding time to become closer to Christ yet, in our humanness, the thought of giving up something for the whole season of Lent seems overwhelming. We cannot go through this Lent alone.  We need to use Christ as our crutch and lean on Him in His love, mercy, and tenderness. We need to support the other individuals in the Church through their journeys this Lent.

I was given the idea to update my blog and post each day during Lent. I hope that I can keep up with this! I hope and pray that this blog can be a source of help and inspiration for you this Lent. And if it is a help to anyone- praise God, it will only be because of His glory.

During this Lenten journey, I will pray for you all daily. I pray that each one of you will be blessed enough to enter into a deep and personal relationship with Christ. I pray that whatever you are sacrificing this Lent will help you better understand the sufferings of Christ. And as I pray for you, I humbly ask for your prayers during this Lent.

May God bless you abundantly during this season of Lent!


This is the front of the Church of All Nations in Israel. This church is built over the rock that Jesus was believed to have wept upon during the Agony in the Garden. Bring yourself to this place. Just BE with Christ this Lent. Just BE. He will meet you exactly where you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment