About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Glorify the Lord. Thursday April 7. Lent 2011.

…”whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.”
1 Corinthians 10:31

I was at work today.
Just listening to music.
And filing.
And thinking.
I was thinking about how I spend at least a few hours every single day at work and then I find myself too tired to stop in at adoration.
Sure, I do go to morning mass but I am generally half asleep.
How often to I actually spend time in prayer?
And in prayer while I am awake for that matter?
I was feeling guilty because I really do enjoy work yet I don’t make time to stop in at church.
But I also know that Christ wants us to enjoy our daily activities.
It was like a tennis match going on in my head.
Back and forth.
Back and forth.
Work?
Or Jesus?
Can it be both?
Apparently.
After I finished filing, I moved on to stuffing envelops.
Well, these envelops are being mailed to individuals.
I had hundreds of envelopes to stuff.
There was no way I was going to be all these done in a timely manner.
So I decided to make the best of it.
I decided to try and give glory to God by stuffing these envelopes.
Each letter that I stuffed, I prayed for the person that would be receiving the envelope. 
Seriously, it was such a blessing.
I think I looked like a crazy person.
I was smirking for a good while as I was stuffing envelopes.
I was so excited that the Holy Spirit had given me such a brilliant idea!
It was so cool to be able to pray for all these people.
I was so excited to take work, something that needed to be done, and make it and act of giving glory to God.
It was such a simple act.
Yet, hopefully, by the glory of God, He was able to touch many people through those short little prayers.
So simple.
It reminded me of The Little Way of St. Therese.
It’s just the small simple things that make the difference.
As Mother Theresa said, “we can do no great things, only small things with great love”.
What WILL the Holy Spirit inspire YOU to do today?
How can you give glory to God through your work or daily chores?
We were created to know, love, and serve God.
How can we serve God through our daily activities and in turn come to know and love Him on a deeper level?
Can we be Christ to those at work?
Can we answer the phone with a cheerful voice?
Or have patience with the person who is frustrating us?
May we truly come to learn how to glorify God in all that we do.
May others see the Lord in us.
And bring glory to God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment