About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Friday, March 14, 2014

God-Given Gifts. Friday, March 14. Lent 2014.

There are so many things I wish I could do.
Others can do these things,
why can’t I?
Why do they have those talents?
I’d like that claim to fame.

And even the opposite,
there are so many things that I do
that I wish I did not do!
These things,
why do I do them?

But truly,
these wants don’t really matter.

God created us in His image and likeness
and our duty is to know, love, and serve Him.

So maybe we don’t have the talents we want.
But that doesn’t keep us from serving Him.

“The Holy Spirit took Montfort as He takes us- where we are and as we are.”

God does not hold a talent show 
where some talents make the cut and others don’t.

He has graced each person with certain talents
all for the purpose to know, love, and serve Him,
each in particularly special ways.

“We all have talents and gifts and when we use them, God goes mad…with LOVE.”
-Matt Maher

If we each used the talents and gifts we were graced with,
for His glory,
the world would change.

The gifts and talents you’ve been given
were especially molded for you and placed within you.

Don’t let those talents and gifts fade.
Let those God-given gifts bring light to His precious name.

How can you use your God-given gifts today?
How can you serve His greater glory?

Who can you touch?
Who can you love?

How can you change the world?

 This Lenten blog series is based upon St. Louis de Montfort's writings. Unless otherwise noted, all the phrases in quotation marks are taken from the book Jesus Living in Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment