About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Jesus the Consecrated One. Saturday, March 22. Lent 2014.

Yesterday’s blog post talked about consecration.
Being made holy.
And all that comes with the road less traveled.

Though this is a road less traveled,
as it turns out,
some pretty incredible people have taken it.
Like Jesus.

Jesus is the Consecrated One.
God promised a new covenant.
That was fulfilled through Jesus.
In His Person,
He is the Holy one of God.
Consecrated.

“Jesus is the personal presence of the Holy in this creation.”

Jesus lovingly accepts being consecrated:

“As You have sent me into the world…for their sake I consecrate myself that they also may be consecrated in truth.” John 17:19

His consecration is a willing one.
One that he took upon Himself.

“He lovingly, willingly consecrates Himself to the Father.”

But as with our own consecrations,
the road is not always an easy one,
it is not filled with worldly bliss.

It is one filled with trials,
it is one filled with dying to self,
it is one filled with sacrifice.

“This personal consecration of Jesus to the Father began at the Incarnation itself. It reaches its intensity in his Consecration from the Cross: ‘Father into Your hands I commend my spirit’ Luke 23:46”
Even Jesus’ own consecration to God climaxed in trials and sacrifice.
Literally, a cross.
Who are we then to complain about our own challenges in our own consecrations?
What right do we have?

As St. Madeleine Sophia Barat said,
“Go to the Cross and complain there if you dare.”
I’d rather not do that.
I’d rather be able to say
“Father, into Your hands I commend my spirit.”

This Lenten blog series is based upon St. Louis de Montfort's writings. Unless otherwise noted, all the phrases in quotation marks are taken from the book Jesus Living in Mary.

1 comment:

  1. "As St. Madeleine Sophia Barat said,
    'Go to the Cross and complain there if you dare.'"

    Oh my!
    Ouch!
    Thanks for sharing this quote...this is well worthy of my Post-It wall.

    God reward you,
    Mrs. O.

    ReplyDelete