About Me

My photo
This blog is simply meant to bring God the glory; no more and no less. I'd love to hear from you! Comments, questions, conversation. rebecca.labriola@gmail.com

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Love. Advent Day 8. December 8, 2013.

Let love be sincere.
Romans 12:9

Heavens knows that I am the last person that should be talking about love.
But I really like this verse.
It seems simple to me
and I like simple when I am trying to accomplish something big.

This is My commandment: love one another as I love you.
John 15:12

To me, the verse from John is scary.
Love as Christ did?
Love the outcast and the lame?
Love my enemies?
Unconditionally?
Filled with truth?
Be willing to sacrifice my life?
I feel like I am setting myself up for failure
before I even put this on my monthly goal list.

But Paul, Paul makes this love thing sounds so attainable.
I’m not at all about dumbing things down,
but making something attainable?
Absolutely.  

However, just when I thought I found this sneaky little caveat,
the dictionary proved me wrong.

I know the essential definition of the word sincere
but I didn’t realize that the definition
would perfectly coincide with Christ’s love. 

Sincere: free from pretense or deceit, proceeding from genuine feelings.

Free from pretense- unconditional.
Free from deceit- filled with truth.
Genuine feelings- willingness to sacrifice His life.

When I thought I could get away with my love being sincere,
I realized that sincerity isn’t a step down from Christ’s love
but rather, sincerity is an exact description of Christ’s love.

Christ loves sincerely.
We are called to love as He loves.
We are called to love sincerely.

Let love be sincere.


1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful.

    For me...I have NO "sincere" love to give to anyone. BUT, I do have the ability to love...with the Love of Our Lord. ANY "sincere" love that may come forth from me...is truly the Love of Christ Jesus, and His love only. For it is His love that is that 100% sincere agape love...and only He can judge whether any ounce that may come forth from my thoughts, words, or actions...are sincerely from Him.

    Lord, God, may I be a vessel of YOUR sincere love to ALL that you bring across my path to You. Should I fail to sincerely love, forgive me, Lord, for you know the desire of my heart...to sincerely love as you so loved the world. +Amen.

    Denise O

    ReplyDelete